IABs ferske rapport «The 2016 IAB Original Digital Video Study» viser at kjøpet av digitale video-annonser har økt betraktelig i det amerikanske markedet de siste tre årene. Her er noen funn:
- Ad spending on original digital video programming increased 114% since 2014.
- Marketers and Advertisers are spending on average more than $10 million annually on Digital Video, representing an 85% increase from 2 years ago.
- Video represents an increasing share of Digital/Mobile Ad Spending, with growth driven by a substantial increase in Mobile Video allocations.
- Robust spend optimism (plans to invest more in next 12 months) for both Digital and Mobile Video; while most are expecting to maintain current TV spend levels.
- Cross-Platform spending (TV + Online Video) seeing continued growth in 2016.
- Programmatic Video buying seeing broad adoption and steady growth – accounting for 41% of all Digital Video dollars spent, representing 58% growth from over the last 2 years.